Southern Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich
If you want to up your grilled cheese game, then this southern grilled pimento cheese sandwich is the perfect start. The tanginess from the mustard and the hint of spice from Tabasco make this southern grilled pimento cheese a definite crowd pleaser and maybe even a good hangover food?
- 1 16oz (1lb) block of mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 4oz jars of diced pimientos
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 3 tsp Tabasco
- 2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf of pre-sliced sourdough bread
Instructions for the pimento cheese:
- Combine the pimientos and grated cheese in a large bowl.
- Using your hands make sure the pimientos are well incorporated into the cheese.
- Add the mayonnaise and cream cheese and mix well (using your hands is the best method).
- Finally, add the Mustard, Tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce and combine well with your hands.
- Salt and pepper to taste!
You can use this as is and put it on some crackers for your dinner party. However, we are going to up this to make it even better.
Grilled Pimento Cheese Instructions:
- Get a skillet, or if your stove has a flat top, use that. Get the pan hot on a medium to high heat and add butter.
- Using a spoon, spread some pimiento cheese on a piece of sourdough bread.
- In your buttered pan, place it bread side down, covering the top with another slice of sourdough.
- Spread some butter on the top as you are cooking the bottom to a crispy golden brown. Make sure your sourdough doesn’t burn.
- Once you see the sourdough becoming golden brown and the cheese melting, flip the sandwich.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan once both sides have become golden brown.
- Continue to make sandwiches until you run out of pimiento cheese or until you have enough for your family. This should easily make about 6 sandwiches.
Cut this southern grilled pimento sandwich in half and enjoy with your favorite chips a pickle, or my roasted pumpkin bisque!