Lemon-Lime Bars are perfect for your next Spring adventure! with this simple recipe, anyone can make Lemon-Lime bars
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 bars 1x
- Category: Baking
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Southern
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for Lemon-Lime Custard:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup lemon/lime juice (about 5 lemons, 5 limes)
- 1 Tbsp lemon/lime zest (evenly green and yellow)
Instructions for the Crust:
- Beat all ingredients together at medium-low speed until it all comes together.
- Place and press down the dough in bottom of lined and sprayed 9×13″ square pan.
- Let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min or until golden.
Instructions for Lemon-lime Custard:
- Combine sugar and flour.
- Add eggs and beat them in one at a time.
- Add lemon-lime juice and lemon-lime zest. Beat in.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Beat again.
- Pour immediately over hot crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar over top, cut, and serve.
Serve with some lemonade!
Keywords: Lemon- Lime Bars, Lemon bars