Way back when Cheddar’s first opened up in my hometown of Roanoke, VA, they had this amazing grilled cheese on their menu called the Grown Up Grilled Cheese. Every time my family and I went there, I would get that. It was a grilled cheese stuffed with different cheeses and amazing slow roasted beef in between those cheeses. And something about that was delicious! Well, I am here today to give you my easy recipe for the Grown Up Grilled Cheese. This recipe uses Cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese. To have the best-grilled cheese experience, grate your own blocks. This not only saves you money, but also helps with the cheese melting because pre-shredded cheese often has a coating on it which prevents sticking and slows the melting process. So without further ado, let’s get into it!
- 1/2 lb Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 lb Monterey jack, shredded
- potato bread
- 1/2 lb roast beef
- 4 Tblsp butter
- Mix the shredded cheeses together in a bowl.
- Heat up a cast iron pan slowly and place the butter in it.
- Once the butter is melted, add 2 slices of bread on top of the butter while the pan is still heating up on medium-low.
- Let the bread sit for 1 minute to heat up and then place cheese on top of each piece.
- Add as much or as little cheese as you would like.
- Let the grilled cheese toast a little bit and allow the cheese to melt, then add the roast beef to one of the slices of bread.
- Again, add as much or as little as you want to.
- Fold the piece of bread without roast beef onto the piece with, and take sandwhich out of the pan.
- Let the grilled cheese sit for 2 minutes, then cut and enjoy!