Forget those horrible store-bought chocolate chip cookies and make your own browned butter bourbon chocolate chip cookies! These chocolate chip cookies are promised to make you and your family smile with glee! So come on down and let’s get started!
Ingredients for the Browned Butter Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted and browned
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Jim Beam Kentucky Bourbon©
Instructions for the Browned Butter Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- In a small pot on medium high heat, slowly melt the butter.
- Once melted, let the butter boil until it turns brown and has a frothy top. Make sure to stir the butter occasionally to avoid burning. (Shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to brown the butter.)
- Set the butter to the side to cool down for the chocolate chip cookies.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and set to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer bowl, combine both sugars, vanilla extract, browned butter (okay if it’s still warm but not hot), and bourbon on a low speed. Next, add both eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add your flour mixture to the wet mixture in two additions mixing well on low after each addition to make sure there are no flour clumps hiding.
- Add your chocolate chips to the dough and mix them in for a minute or two, ensuring even distribution.
- Using a non-stick half baking sheet, place 12 tablespoon-sized balls of dough about two inches apart from each other and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 13 minutes.
- Allow the chocolate chip cookies to cool on a cooling rack for 5 min before digging in! (May need multiple sheet pans or just repeat steps 8 and 9 until all the chocolate chip cookie dough is gone!)
Enjoy the Browned Butter Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies! These are surely going to be the best chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had!
Make sure you share this recipe with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and don’t forget to follow for more!
Follow my newsletter to get updated on new posts every Tuesday!
Hope Y’all enjoyed this recipe on Fooding-Around! Now Y’all come back ya hear?