I’m on a trip to Texas so I had to go big and spicy. I made this pork loin recipe for my girlfriend’s family; they absolutely loved it and so will your family! Enjoy this with a nice glass of white wine or an R.C. Cola!
Ingredients for the pork loin:
- 4lb pork loin, with bone
- To Taste Kosher salt
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Place the raw pork loin on a large platter and season well with the kosher salt and garlic powder.
- Heat a grill up to at least 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook pork loin until it’s middle has an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
Cherry Topping for the pork loin:
- 1lb bag of fresh cherries, pits removed and sliced in half
- Cherry moonshine (one with actual cherries in it)
- 1 10oz jar sundried tomatoes
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 serrano peppers, sliced thin
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
*This portion is best cooked alongside in a pan with the pork loin*
- Put the oil in a pan or cast-iron skillet and wait for the oil to get hot.
- Add the onion and peppers, sauté until the onion turns translucent.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the moonshine, making sure you get some of the moonshine-soaked cherries in it. (Caution: Keep the Alcohol away from the flame while pouring it into the pan)
- Sauté until the alcohol has burned off, then add the fresh cherries along with the sundried tomatoes.
- Add about 1 cup of the sugar into the cherry mixture, making sure the sugar is fully incorporated without granules, and then season with salt to taste.
Cut the pork loin between the bones and top with the cherry mixture.
And follow my newsletter to get updated on new posts every Tuesday!
Hope Y’all enjoyed this recipe on Fooding-Around! Now Y’all come back ya hear?