Jalapeño and Cheddar Burgers
Stop making your old and boring burger recipe. Spice it up a bit with my Jalapeño and cheddar burgers! This burger recipe is sure to excite your taste buds and your guest’s taste buds! This is a very simple recipe and is perfect for a summers cookout!
Ingredients for the Jalapeño and cheddar burgers:
- 2 cups of shredded White Cheddar
- 3 Jalapeños, cut fine and seeded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 9 hamburger buns
- 2lbs of lean ground chuck
- 1 large tomato, sliced thin
- 8 slices of Colby jack
- Mayonnaise to cover the bottom bun (however much you like)
- 1/2 head of lettuce, shredded
Instructions for Jalapeño and cheddar burgers:
- Put the White Cheddar and spices into a large mixing bowl. Mix until all of the cheddar has a red tinge to it from the paprika.
- Add the chopped jalapeños and mix well.
- Add the ground beef and mix until all of the cheese and the jalapeños have been evenly distributed.
- Form ground beef mixture into 5oz balls and flatten with a burger press or a plate until you have around 9 burgers that are about 3/4 inch thick and have a diameter of about 4 inches (doesn’t have to be exact).
- Turn your grill on to a medium to high heat and let heat up.
- Once the grill has heated up, brush oil onto the grates and place each burger on the grill about 3 inches apart.
- Let burgers cook for about 6 minutes then flip and cook for another 6 minutes until all the burgers are done.
- Place one slice of Colby cheese on each burger and let melt, then take the burgers off.
- Place the buns on the still hot grill and let them get toasty.
- Next, assemble the burger. For maximum stability, the order of the burger from bottom to top should be the bottom bun, mayonnaise, burger, lettuce, tomato, and top Bun.
Enjoy this very simple yet delicious Jalapeño and cheddar burgers recipe!
And follow my newsletter to get updated on new posts every Tuesday!
Hope Y’all enjoyed this recipe for Roasted Pumpkin Bisque on Fooding-Around! Now Y’all come back ya hear?