This is a great Chicken fried steak recipe for the whole family to enjoy making and eating! This will surely beat out all the other chicken fried steak recipes.
- 6 cups lager beer
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, mixing well until no clumps are present.
If the batter is too thick, add more beer; if too thin, add more flour until you get a cake batter consistency.
Frying the Steak
- 1 quart of batter
- 1/2 quart of buttermilk
- 4 cubed steak cutlets
- 4 quarts of frying oil
- Place the cutlets in the buttermilk and let sit in the fridge for an hour to tenderize them.
- While waiting for the beef to tenderize, Pour the oil into a large pot (preferably a dutch oven), wait for the oil to reach 350-degrees Fahrenheit (Caution: Frying foods in oil may result in a fire if not done properly. Have the lid ready to be put over the pot to stop the fire, and the heat ready to be turned off. DO NOT PUT WATER ON AN OIL FIRE). Use a candy thermometer to periodically check the oil to make sure it isn’t getting too hot or too cold.
- Once the oil has heated up, pull your beef cutlets out from the fridge, pat each of them dry, and place on a plate with a paper towel.
- Dip the beef cutlets into the batter one at a time, and place into the oil.
- Only one beef cutlet will fit into the oil at a time. Let the cutlet cook for about 4 minutes on one side, then flip gently onto the other side and cook for another 4 minutes. Repeat until each of the cutlets are golden brown and cooked.
- Place onto a separate plate with paper towels on it to drain the oil.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups oil (whatever you used to fry the steak should be fine)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups milk
- Put the oil into a pan, add the flour, and form a roux.
- Once the roux is formed, add the milk and stir vigorously at medium to low heat until it thickens up.
- Mix the seasonings in and serve on top of the steak.
- 3 pounds of fresh green beans
- 1 pound country ham, diced into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp Black Truffle oil
- 2 quarts water
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- Put the green beans into a large pot with the water and country ham.
- Bring to a simmer and let low simmer for 2 hours.
- Once the green beans are soft and ready to serve, add the oil and lemon juice to bring out a lot more flavor in the green beans.
- 2 cups batter from earlier
- 4 squash
- Cut the squash into thin circles, dip into the batter and fry like the steak.
- Fry until crispy and golden brown on the outside and soft on the inside.