Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Bacon wrapped meatloaf is just as delicious as it sounds with the mouthwatering flavors and juicy yet tender meat. This recipe is perfect for your whole family will enjoy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hour, 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 slices
- Category: Southern American
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Southern
Ingredients for the meatloaf.
- 1lb Ground beef 80% lean and 20% fat
- 1lb Ground Angus beef 90% lean and 10% fat
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp Tabasco
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp salt
- 1lb bacon
Instructions for the Meatloaf.
- Combine the ground beef, eggs, spices, sauces and vegetables into a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for an hour at room temperature to let the flavors do their work.
- After the meat has set for 1hr, place onto a baking sheet and shape into a loaf. Cover the loaf with the slices of bacon, wrapping the bacon underneath the loaf to prevent shrinking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the bacon wrapped meatloaf into the oven and bake for 1hr and 30min.
- Once the inside of the meatloaf has reached a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit internally, turn the broiler on to high and cook the loaf for 5 minutes to allow the bacon on top to become crispy. Watch carefully as to not burn the bacon.
- Once the bacon has crisped up, take the meatloaf out of the oven and let sit for 20 minutes to allow all of the juices to distribute into the meatloaf.
- Slice and serve!
Serve with some mashed potatoes and green beans!
No ketchup need here promise!
Let it rest for the whole 20min for maximum flavor and juiciness!
Keywords: Southern Meatloaf Recipe, Meatloaf, Meatloaf Recipes